BIEBIE’S MONTH OF VALENTINE LOVE

Hello all my weblog fans and supporters. A quick Thank You to all who take the time and leave sound comments; I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!! Your comments are make my website/blog so much better. 
Many of you would like to know if the information I provide on this site is true??? The answer is YES, EVERYTHING I write on here is 100% true, tried and tested resulting in guaranteed results from clients. I believe as teachers/tutors we should evolve with the times and stay on top of our craft so we can share our knowledge. 
Another question I have received: how do I advertise www.biebie.co.za. I have recently finished a short course in Internet Marketing from UCT (University of Cape Town in South Africa) through Getsmarter: www.getsmarter.co.za; therefore, I have learnt various ways of marketing & advertising my website on the internet. I also make use of social media quite a bit and will put my website link on Facebook, Twitter, My Space, Google, LinkedIn just to name a few. Some of my website/blog followers/supporters have then gone on to add my link to their social media accounts, as well as, email their friends/colleagues (thank you). I use Wordpress which is fantastic, because I can update my website/blog whenever I want to. Wordpress also provides their own free templates, themes and designs. Next to Wordpress would be Yola, which provides the same tools as Wordpress. 
On another note: I really don’t mind if you want to use some of the content I publish and post it to your websites/blogs and social media applications, as long as you reference me. I am learning how to add back-links, so when i have mastered that i will let you all know.
RIGHT BACK TO Biebie’s month…
Remember the 6 week Short Voice Course I developed for the Corporates, well it went so well i was asked to develop a Short Personal Development Course (30min a week for 4 weeks) so as to compliment the Voice Course. This went fabulous.

Here are the topics we covered: 

Week 1: Introduction: Summary of the voice + telephone tips (why we doing this) 
Tense/Release exercise (negatives & positives)
Characterization: telephone skills 

Week 2: Self Awareness I: Positive affirmations based on your strengths & weaknesses 
Understanding what is confidence
Coupling of characterization and negatives = voice reflection 

Week 3: Self Awareness II: Circle of attention
Communication II 

Week 4: Vocal Confidence: Assessment 
Maintenance program 

 
A student of mine; Paul Hampshire: www.paulhampshire.co.za, who has completed the Intermediate Film acting Course, has gotten so much work as a lead stunt double, bit part, walk on (just to name a few) in various movies. Currently he has just finished work on Judge Dredd and is now working on Strike Back 2 with Denzel Washington. Please view his site it is very impressive!!! I am very proud of all his accomplishes and i am positive he will be the next big STAR to hit Hollywood!!!!
The Elocution/Accent Neutralization/Voice Over Courses are still a huge hit. My students are all still currently in Sessions, but as soon as they are done i will let you know what they get up to.
P.S when learning how to speak correctly it is imperative that you establish a good breathing method. You can choose between using only your diaphragm, or ribs or both which is known as BARREL BREATHING. I personally utilize my diaphragm when I am teaching on a one-on-one basis. When I do voice overs I like to use barrel breathing and when I do presentations I prefer using my ribs. There are various exercises on the internet which are free of charge which you can download and practice. Let me know how this goes????
Well, I hope I was able to answer all your questions, if you have any questions relating to the above post and/or any requests on topics you want me to discuss please email me on: barbara@biebie.co.za otherwise please leave those awesome comments coming.
Have a Fantastic Month of March… and stay tuned for my post on Transgender Feminisation; where i will be discussing the course i have devised.
Regards
Barbara Barbieri
(Owner of Biebie) www.biebie.co.za

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are Articulation Disorders?